Shrinking Rollback segments

From: Ken Hensel <ken.hensel_at_nrl.navy.mil>
Date: 1997/05/30

We recently upgraded to Oracle version 7.1.4 from 7.1.3. After doing this we noticed deleteing records caused the amount for free space in the tablespace containing the rollback segments as shown in sys.dba_free_sapce to go down. Even after commits, rollbacks and database restarts the space does not seem to be retrieved. After a while there is no longer any available space in the rollback segments. If anyone has heard of this before and can offer a hint as to how to work around this problem please let me know.

Thanks
Ken Received on Fri May 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT