Re: Single log for several procedures

From: Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/05/29

Zmoxie wrote:

> 1. you can't write to a file is currently open for write by others.
> 2. option:
> a. write all your log into a table. you can generate nicer report
> later.
> b. using dbms_pipe to have one job dealing with log. all other
> procedure send the to him.

<snip>

I agree with your recommendations in #2, but what is imposing the restriction you mention in #1? Is it an Oracle package limitation or an O/S limitation? This is commonly done in Unix all the time, so I'm just curious what you meant.

---
Allen Kirby			AT&T ITS Production Services
akirby_at_att.com			Alpharetta, GA.