Re: Table relationship diagramming tool

From: Mike Yocca <myocca_at_sgi.net>
Date: 1997/05/29

I agree that Logic Works is not standing still. They have chosen to specialize on the physical model and do it better than anyone else at the expense of not doing good process modeling, logical modeling, DFD, CRUD or any of the others. This puts them at a tremendous disadvantage for Oracle shops. It also puts me in a quite a quandry because I have to support both tools due to being in a SQL Server and Oracle shop.

D/2000 cannot manage the triggers or stored procedures from SQL Server causing us to maintain ERwin anyhow or manual scripts on the side. After you get good with ERwin, it is really silly to manage these manually.

Michael Yocca
Database Analyst

cc: Logic Works

marc.scheuner_at_NO.SPAM.PLEASE.ch (Marc Scheuner) wrote in message <338bf7b4.13070374_at_news.bernoise.ch>:
>"Ian Sparkes" <sparkes_at_sprintmail.com> wrote:
>>more feature rich that Designer/2000 or that it has been around
 longer.
>My very personal opinion: Oracle has a good RBDMS, but all the
>front-end tools I've seen so far by Oracle suck.
>
>>While Erwin is a good tool and in some environments would be
 preferable to
>>Designer/2000 (Typically multi vendor installations ie Oracle &
 Informix)