oracle process on Unix taking too much CPU, pl. help

From: <dpunjabi_at_nyx.net>
Date: 1997/05/28

We ar running Oracle 7.16 under HP UX 9.05. Our machine is running very slow and we found that the Oracle server process is taking up too much of the CPU chunk (anywhere from 40 - 90%).

Any EMAIL tips on tuning the Oracle server process will be highly appreciated. What is the suggested value of priority (nice) for such a process ?

Dinesh
mailto:dpunjabi_at_nyx.net