WWW and ORACLE integration question

From: <djose_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/05/28

Hello everyone,

I am quiet familiar with oracle and new to the web developement scene.

I am trying to prototype a simple application which does an

	add
	modify
	view
	delete

to a single oracle table from the web.

My questions are as follows

  1. What are the reqd software components to be written ? HTML, CGI's etc
  2. What is exactly a CGI ? ( in simple words please )
  3. Assuming that the software components are in place how do I make my machine 'viewable' to the world ?
  4. Can someone who has gone thru the learning curve suggest suitable web-sites which help integrate an oracle database to WWW ?

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

regards,
Jude