Non-ORCL instance on PO7/95

From: Jay Ramadorai <jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com>
Date: 1997/05/28

Folks,

   Recently someone on the list had mentioned they had successfully created a second instance using PO7. I want to create one instance but call it something other than ORCL. So I say no to the "create starter database?" question at install-time. However, when I run svrmgr (so I can connect internal and startup nomount an instance of my choice, and do a create database, etc), it won't let me connect internal. Keeps asking for a password. In Unix, one would just set their ORACLE_SID to the new instance name, and the connect internal would work fine, but not so in PO7/win95. I've also tried passwords like change_on_install, manager, null, etc but to no avail. Do I have to do something with orapwd73 to preset the password for the uncreated instance? Incidentally the documentation that comes with the downloaded PO7 is all NT stuff. It talks of setting ORACLE_SID in the registry which I did, but that doesn't change anything.

Any ideas? Pls cc my email direct.
Thanks
Jay Ramadorai
jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com Received on Wed May 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT