Re: Table relationship diagramming tool

From: Marc Scheuner <marc.scheuner_at_NO.SPAM.PLEASE.ch>
Date: 1997/05/28

"Ian Sparkes" <sparkes_at_sprintmail.com> wrote:

>more feature rich that Designer/2000 or that it has been around longer.
My very personal opinion: Oracle has a good RBDMS, but all the front-end tools I've seen so far by Oracle suck.

>While Erwin is a good tool and in some environments would be preferable to
>Designer/2000 (Typically multi vendor installations ie Oracle & Informix)
A very important point, unless your a Oracle-only shop. We use Oracle, Interbase, SQL Anywhere, PC databases......... Des/2000 won't handle all this.

>I have also been told (but cannot confirm - maybe you could explain for us)
>that Erwin does not differentiate between Logical (ER) and physical
>(database shemas) models.

In the current version, it does so only partially, but the upcoming 3.0 release (should be out Real Soon Now) will offer full support of this. ERwin isn't standing still.......

Marc

[ Marc Scheuner, marc.scheuner_at_berner.ch CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland ]