Re: Help in setting up Parallel Server

From: <jguerrer_at_best.com>
Date: 1997/05/28

On Thu, 15 May 1997 11:29:52 -0500, Balakrishnan Subramanian <bala.subramanian_at_mci.com> wrote:

>I need to set up a database with Parallel server option. The machine
>is IBM/RS6000 with 6 CPUs. I need some help/tips in creating multiple
>instances that mount the same database.

What kind of machine...MPP or Cluster?

It's much more complex than a simple script, but here's the general gist for clusters:
1. Unless there's something new with IBM filesystems, you'll need to setup raw devices for your database files.

2. Each instance will need access to the executables on filesystem.
3. You'll need the IBM dlm piece in place.
4. Follow the manual's guidelines for design, layout, work load
partitioning, etc. Lots of good info there. 5. Pay carefull attention to init parameters.

John E. Leon Guerrero <jguerrer_at_infogration.com> Oracle DBA Consultant Received on Wed May 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT