Trigger to prevent/terminate a transaction

From: Stephen Clarke <sclarke_at_harris.com>
Date: 1997/05/27

Hi!

I am trying to intercept and prevent a transaction from occurring using an Oracle Server 7.0 trigger. First, my client front-end sends an update statement. My before update trigger detects the condition I am interested in, then raises an Oracle application error/exception, which the front-end displays in a messagebox.

I had hoped that this exception would then set the sqlcode to terminate the transaction back in the front-end calling script, but the code remained 0 and the transaction went forward.

Can anyone help me with what I am trying to do here?

TIA, Stephen Clarke Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT