Re: Web Server 2.0 and Digital UNIX

From: Craig Doremus <cdoremus_at_narrate.com>
Date: 1997/05/27

Bill King wrote:

> I'm Having trouble getting WebServer 2.0.3 to work with Digital UNIX 3.2C
> (Currently under Oracle 7.3.2 DBMS)
>
> Is anyone out there have or had this configuration working.
> I've applied one WebServer Patch so far, but can't get it working.
> Oracle has me so turned around I don't know what my last error was,
> but their support person suggested that we move to WebServer 2.1 (which
> means I have to upgrade to Digital UNIX 4.0) because 2.0.3 has so many
> problems.
>
> I think Oracle is copping out, .... or is 2.0.3 that full of problems???
>
> Please share any experiences you may have.
>
> Thanks

Hi Bill:

We are using Webserver 2.0.3 with Digital UNIX 3.2G and are getting good performance (with a few minor gliches) serving up static web pages and running a query front end written in PL/SQL to a hospital inpatient database including a 15 million patient record table (all in Oracle 7.3.2. DBMS). Our server is a Digital Alpha 2100A.

Unfortunately, I was not around when this setup was put together last September, so I'm not sure what help I can be, except to say that I'm pretty handy with the PL/SQL interface. After you get the server up and running, writing the PL/SQL interface to the database will be your next headache;).

Good luck.
--Craig

Craig Doremus
Web Database Developer