Reports 2.5 on DEC Unix - Advice needed

From: Brian Cameron <bcamero5_at_metz.une.edu.au>
Date: 1997/05/26

Hi All,

We currently use, SQR as our rporting tool and are looking at replacing it with Reports 2.5 from the developer/2000 package. And I'm in a sea of documentation
and need some advise.

Firstly some background:

Our current environment is:

DEC Alpha running Digital Unix V3.2c
DBMS - Oracle 7.2.3.0

We are a present totally character based and all running via telnet sessions
off the server.

Ideally I'd like to be able to develop on NT4.0 Workstations OR character based
via telnet and run compiled reports launched from forms developed in SQL*FORMS 3.0
running on the server.

I have a copy of the developer/2000 client 1.2 and 1.3 but can only find the unix
version 1.0 for the Alpha server. The "Developer/2000 for Digital UNIX installation
and configuration guide" release 1.0 indicates that I can perfor a server based
installation and in the same manual the system requirement are stated as Unix version
3.0,3.2 and Oracle 7 server 7.1.6 with a note that later releases may also be supported.

My questions are:

  1. Can I run this unix 1.0 version under DIGITAL UNIX V3.2c with Oracle 7 server 7.2.3.0?
  2. Can I use the Client software that I have (1.2/1.3) to develop with?
  3. If not what versions do I need to do this?

I'd really appreciate some help in sorting this out as I'm just getting more
and more confused trying to figure it out from the 3 truck loads of documentation,
sales blurbs and CDRom's we have received from Oracle.

TIA Brian
bcamero5_at_metz.une.edu.au Received on Mon May 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT