Thread Safe DB access

From: B Krishna Swamy <krishb_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE>
Date: 1997/05/26

Hi,

 I need to know whether Oracle SQL-ProC libs are thread safe. I have a process  which opens a connection with DB. When ever I get a request for accessing DB,  I plan to spawn a thread and access (only read) DB using the connection. Can  multiple threads concurrently use the same connection? Since performance is  the major concern for me, I dont want to have any locks. Can SQL-ProC lib  be used in this fashion?

 Thanks in advance

 Krishnaswamy
 krishb_at_india.hp.com
 Hewlett Packard Company
 International Software Operation
 Bangalore. Received on Mon May 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT