Refering columns with an index in a PL/SQL block ?

From: Jerome Milazzo <milazzo_at_nyassa.cad.cea.fr>
Date: 1997/05/26

Hi,

I would like writing something like this pseudo PL/SQL code :

BEGIN
  DECLARE
  cursor c1 is select * from A_TABLE;
  ALine c1%ROWTYPE;
  I INTEGER;   BEGIN
    open c1;
    LOOP

      fetch c1 into ligne;
      exit when c1%NOTFOUND;
      FOR I in 1..c1%THE_NUMBER_OF_COLUMNS
      LOOP

c1.THE_COLUM[I] ....
END LOOP;

    END LOOP;
    close c1;
  END;
END; BUT, I can't find anything about this kind of cursor attributes...

Is there a (simple) way :
1) to know the number of columns in a cursor 2) to manipulate a variable %ROWTYPE as I will do with an array...

Any idea would be helpfull,
Thanks in advance... Received on Mon May 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT