Re: Help on SPLASH SCREEN IN FORMS 4.5 , any suggestions ????

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/05/26

 Jens jens_at_deutschware.com wrote:

> Hi Pro's
>
> Has anyone implemented either a time controlled or "OK-Button"
> operated SPLASH SCREEN in Oracle Forms 4.5 ? I would like to put the
> version info etc (about info) on a canvas and display it before the
> Forms 4.5 application starts.
>

> Please send info or code samples to jens_at_deutschware.com
>
> Thanks

I believe that the 4.5.6.5.5 FORMS CD has a reusable splash-screen object.  If you can't find it, the general approach is to create a timer (using CREATE_TIMER) and define a WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED at the form level. Inside the WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger, do an EXIT_FORM.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Mon May 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT