Re: Connect Oracle & Db2

From: Greg Vitetzakis <vitetg_at_cam.org>
Date: 1997/05/26

If I'm not mistaken Oracle did a seminar on this about 1.5 years ago. (It was using an AS/400
running DB2 ) I'm assuming it shouldn't change to much with VMS since SQL should take care
of all the comms between both databases.

What it came down to was have a live connection between both databases. Oracle
suggested using SQL*Net 2.0 or above. (It seems to be compatible to DB2 and I believe
there's a version for MVS). This way using standard SQL statements the transfer of
data from both databases can be made effortles via the apps or in batches. The SQL statements
can be launched from either platform...

Good Luck..
Uri Margalit <urimr_at_ibm.net> wrote in article <337d8445.169072_at_news.ibm.net.il>...