Re: Super easy ? for you gurus

From: suvas <suvas_at_theonramp.net>
Date: 1997/05/26

The control file and the headers of the datafiles have to be in sync. while doing a cold backup.
If you are in archivelog mode u can do a hot backup in which case u do not need to shutdown since datafile is put in a backup mode and syncing maintained.

   Hope this helps.By the way I am not still a guru just an eager learner.

My opinions are not my own.They are what I have misconstrued from Oracle manuals.

JP Soria <jpsoria_at_saxe.com> wrote in article <33734135.6BF8_at_saxe.com>...