Oracle and AMD / Cyrix CPUs

From: David Nunes <elric_at_aloha.com>
Date: 1997/05/25

Is there any know problems running Oracle (Personal Oracle for Windows 95, and Oracle Workgroup Server) with AMD or Cyrix CPUs?

My current motherboard/CPU is getting flaky and I am wanting to upgrade. An AMD K5-166 is the best solution for me cost-wise, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience running Oracle on any of the non-Intel CPUs.

Any info or experiences appreciated!!!

(I ask because I keep getting 'GPFs' in Windows 95 while installing Personal Oracle for Win95 90-day evaluation package. This will mainly be used for learning Oracle at home, not mission-critical stuff. I just want it to work fairly reliably for cheap....so no "Just buy an Intel" posts please!!! Thanks! )

Daivd Nunes
elric_at_aloha.com Received on Sun May 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT