Re: 2 users, same schema

From: Stephen Miller <stepmil_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/05/25

Unfortunately there is no "GRANT privilege ON entire_schema TO user". The only alternative is to grant privileges for each database object. If you truly have only two users, then your method is the best.

Beyond two, you would want to create a role (perhaps LITMEDUSER), grant select on each table to LITMEDUSER, then grant access to LITMEDUSER to each potential user.

User 'litmedadmin' needs the 'CREATE ANY ROLE' and 'CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM' system privileges. Public synonyms are preferable in the case where more than one user needs access to the same synonyms.

Stephen Miller
ISM, Montreal