Advice: Creating new Oracle DB

From: CDWaddell <cdwaddell_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a new Oracle 7.3 database, my first one, and am wondering if there is anything I should know in advance abuot the DB creation process. Is there anything that may come back and haunt me if I'm to leave something out in the creation? Are there any serious performance issues that I should be aware of durring the creation so I can include them now so they don't nip me in the butt later?

We are converting things from a fairly large paradox database (aprox. 1.5gb) into Oracle 7.3 workgroup server. Should I be carefull about the tablespaces, rollback segments, extents and so on so that I will not run into trouble later.

ANY HELP OR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED! Thanks in advance.

Cary D. Waddell
CDWaddell_at_AOL.COM
MHS, Inc. Denver, CO Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT