SQL*Net 2.3 /ODBC mystery

From: Tony van der Prijt <tprijt_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

Hi there,

I seem to have a small problem with connecting from MS-Access to my oracle 73 database. The problem does not appear to be present when using other ODBC-connections. I'm no particualar MS-Acces lover but it is quite useful to get data form excel-sheets, textfiles etc into my database (and that's what I'v got to do to get some initial testing data in my database).

I'm trying to connect from an Access2/win31 client via the TCP/IP protocol adapter to a Oracle 7322 server. Both are running SQL*Net 2.3 (although not from the same server-installation (netware vs. nt), but that should not matter).

Some extra information may shed some light on the subject for someone, so:
- at first i got ORA-12570 errors via all ODBC-connections. This was resolved (or so i thought) by installing a new ODBC-driver (1.16)

T.I.A.
Tony van der Prijt                  Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT