Re: Replication through firewall?

From: Robert Devereaux <bobdev_at_fc.hp.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

Jared Hecker wrote:
: Does anyone know if replication works through a firewall? Has anyone had
: experience with it?
: If it is convenient, e-mail will reach me faster.

Actually, I'd be interested in postings on this here as well. We're looking at the same situation, and it appears that our solution must be (1) use triggers at Site A to capture info about rows inserted, updated, or deleted, periodically capturing that information to a datestamped file; (2) transporting the file to Site B; and (3) doing our own changes to the database being replicated, taking care to couch it all in a package so that changes take place only upon success of the whole transaction.

--
Bob Devereaux
HP-Fort Collins