Re: Setting up security on Oracle Web Server

From: Mark Miller <mmille10_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/05/22

Zmoxie wrote:
> 1. for securty reason, after you familar with Oracle web server, suggest
> you
> don't use admin server to do all the adm work. reason.
> a. everybody knows 8888
> b. the admin passowrd is hard code in the file owl.cfg

I don't think that should be a problem since we set up the administration listener to use a different port than 8888. Is this port value also hardcoded? Is it possible for someone to access the Administration Utility through port 8888 even if we have set up the listener to use a different port?

> 2. to add more user, edit the file sv*.cfg to add the new realm and users.
> and do reload to the listener. a scripts can be written to do the task
> automaticly.

This is what I thought would be necessary. The other question I had is is there a maximum number of users that can be added to a listener? Is there a limit to the number of users that can be added to a group or realm?

Thanks!

---Mark
mmiller_at_nyx.net Received on Thu May 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT