Text searches in LONGRAWs / Delphi environment

From: Greg Felice <gregf_at_anders.com>
Date: 1997/05/21

To all,

I'm converting a system from Interbase to Oracle. Interbase supports string searches in BLOB fields using the CONTAINING SQL expression. I don't have the time/money to use the Oracle con/text text search system, and need this functionality. I can't realistically change my data structure. What options do I have? Performance is not the key issue here; I just need the functionality, as our Interbase version worked very slowly anyway.

Help!

-Greg Felice
www.compchannel.com Received on Wed May 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT