Re: ORA-07307: sms1sg: shmat error, unable to attach sga

From: Mary Travis <Mary.B.Travis_at_bridge.bellsouth.com>
Date: 1997/05/21

Steve Radford <SRadford_at_Rational.com> wrote:

<snip>
>ORA-07307: sms1sg: shmat error, unable to attach sga.
>ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

Steve,

We experienced something similar a while back on a SUN box. The problem was our Oracle software installation technique (we didn't use the installer but copied $ORACLE_HOME from one server to another). As it turns out, the Oracle installer queries the SUN server to determine it's model and then sets the sgabeg address in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ksms.o appropriately.

Don't know if this is similar to your situation or not but if so Oracle Support may be able to assist on an appropriate sga start address.

Mary

Mary Travis
BellSouth Telecommunications
email: Mary.B.Travis_at_bridge.bellsouth.com Received on Wed May 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT