Re: ** Want a new DELETE command **

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/05/21

"Brian P. Mac Lean" <brian.maclean_at_teldta.com> wrote:
>The real solution here is to use a partitioned view. We all know what
>that is right!?. Then you could just drop the table containing the
>purge data.

I looked into partitioned views. Unfortunately, my requirement is to have an update against the view. It would not be a problem except that an update against a view with "UNION ALL" isn't allowed.

There shouldn't be any confusion from Oracle's point-of-view with an update like this. The view would be able to establish the rowid and therefore the appropriate table to update. Go configure!