Setting up security on Oracle Web Server

From: Mark Miller <mmille10_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/05/20

We are using Oracle7 Release 7.3.2.1.0, and possibly Oracle Web Server 1.0. We're just using the web server software that came with our version of Oracle7.

One of the neat features I would like to take advantage of is the ability to set up basic and digest authentication for users of my web applications. The Web Administration Utility allows you to set this up, but one thing concerns me. When I go to the basic or digest sections of the security-setup page, it only shows me about 10 slots for users and passwords. The kind of web applications we're thinking of developing could involve more users than that. I don't know how many would be using them per project, but I feel uncomfortable with the idea that I would only be able to put in 10 users per web listener instance, rather than, say, 20 to 50 users per listener.

Is this a limitation that was imposed on purpose, or does the Administration Utility automatically expand the number text-entry boxes once I reach 10 users?

Is there a way to manually override this limitation so that more than 10 users could be signed up for basic or digest authentication on a particular web listener?

Thanks,

---Mark
mmiller_at_nyx.net Received on Tue May 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT