Re: URL redirection within Oracle Webserv 2?

From: Roberto Dominguez <rodogu_at_acm.org>
Date: 1997/05/20

In article <3379b405.5620738_at_news.eclipse.net>, layne_at_cnj.digex.net (Darren Layne) wrote:
>Is is possible to redirect URL's under Webserver 2? For example, when
>a user connects to a website, I need them immedately redirected to
>PL/SQL agent package. I can't seem to find any references to
>redirection other than when the maximum number of connections is
>reached.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Darren

You can try changing the default document. For instance if they enter www.whatever.com they could get www.whatever.com/owa_x/owa/package.whatever instead of www.whatever.com/index.html.

Another option is to have in the index.html (or any static page) a redirection to a PL/SQL procedure:

<HTML>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH"
CONTENT="0;URL=www.whatever.com/owa_x/owa/package.whatever"> </HTML>

I'm using this in a CGI and it works on Netscape and Microsoft explorer, however I don't know what version of HTML is.

hope this help,

   El Buen RoDoGu

        ////        "i wish i had a river i could skate away on..."
        O-O                                           Joni Mitchell
         -