Re: HOW TO GET THE RECORD LOCKED !!

From: Brian P. Mac Lean <brian.maclean_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1997/05/20

engsys_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg wrote:

> Hi there,
> Can anyone let me know how to get the exact record locked
> if i have the dba privileges and access to all table.
>
> What i would like to know is by looking at the values at v$lock and
> v$session and whatever how do i get the exact record in the
> database table.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> P L Prasad.

In pre 7.3 versions your mostly SOL. You can get the user, object, lock type, and sql text, but not the rowid.

In Oracle 7.3.3 the ROW_WAIT_* columns on v$session provide what your looking for (see below).

SQL> desc v$session

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 SADDR                                    RAW(4)
 SID                                      NUMBER
 SERIAL#                                  NUMBER
 AUDSID                                   NUMBER
 PADDR                                    RAW(4)
 USER#                                    NUMBER
 USERNAME                                 VARCHAR2(30)
 ---cut---
 ROW_WAIT_OBJ#                            NUMBER
 ROW_WAIT_FILE#                           NUMBER
 ROW_WAIT_BLOCK#                          NUMBER
 ROW_WAIT_ROW#                            NUMBER

SQL> brian.maclean_at_teldta.com Received on Tue May 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT