Re: ** Want a new DELETE command **

From: Chris Ellis <cellis_at_iol.ie>
Date: 1997/05/20

Doug Anderson wrote:

> (snip)
> ANYWAY, how difficult could it be to create a DELETE command
> in SQL to allow for a COMMIT to happen every so many rows?
> I know, it has to pass the stinkin' SQL committee in the sky.

Hang on.
If your delete fails after 8173 rows having done 30 commits along the way, what is the state of your table? Which rows were deleted? Does a roll back (which can only be to the last commit) leave you better off or worse off?
No. I think I'll stick with statement-level transactions / commit units.

Chrysalis. Received on Tue May 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT