Re: What DB to use for lots of IMAGE files?

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/18

In article <5lja9a$g5u$1_at_news2.xs4all.nl>, Kees Pijnenburg <kpijnenb_at_xs4all.nl> writes

>As an example assume a table containing usernames and picture
>names to indicate whether or not a user has access (I know, a
>lousy setup for maintenance). Now it would be nice if each user
>could only see the files he/she has been granted access to. And
>preferably without changing network security for each file (and
>each time something in the rights table of the database changes).
>
>Any ideas???
>

>Kees Pijnenburg - P.O. Box 84 5374 ZG Schayk The Netherlands
> kpijnenb_at_xs4all.nl

   How about Online/Secure? Here tablespaces and split into bundlespaces    which contain some of the rows in the table. Each bundlespace has a    different security level required to access it.

   That combined with roles would allow you to define which users can    access which images...

--
David Williams