Re: Newbie seeking help on installing Oracle Applications 10.7

From: TheGreatOne <jchasu_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/05/17

Here's another Newbie question. I've got pretty light, routine ORACLE DBA experience, a lot of heavy duty DB2 experience, and am joining a project installing Oracle Applications 10.7.

How big a problem is the install? I've used UNIX commands, but am not a master of shell programming, and have never created a user login or mount points. I'm feverishly reading up UNIX, but that's about as far as I'll get. I've finished reading the install manual, but between ORACLE education, my 24x7 DB2 responsibilities, and minor stuff like paying bills, my time is pegged.

How big a UNIX jock do you have to be to install applications?

--
ÐÏ à¡± á