Newbie Roles / extents Qustions...

From: <eross_at_serviceware#.ca>
Date: 1997/05/16

Hi all.

I am not very familiar with Oracle. That said, Oracle 7.3 for NT, I was under the impression that I could create roles, ie developer, then grant priveleges to the role, ie create table etc, then assign the role to an individual voila, the individual has create table privelege.

It did not work, what have I set up wrong ??

Also, I have a book by Oracle press that recommends setting default & temporary tablespaces when creating users. I have done that, what rights do users need toi create tables in tablespaces other than the default ?

Lastly, are there any recommendations on extent sizes. We have an application with about 220 tables, 75% are very small, the others are capable of growing. At table & tablespace creation time, I am lost !

tx

--
My EMail address contains a # to try to
thwart mail spamming.