How do I avoid Mutating Table Error

From: Venkata Terala <venkata_at_inetnow.net>
Date: 1997/05/16

Hi!

        I need to write some auditing information (like date a record was updated and the user name etc) to the table in which the change was made. I know this willcause a MUTATING TABLE error. Is there a work around for it ? MS SQL Server allows this kind of a change and I need to port that application to Oracle with similar functionality.

Any postings on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Venkat Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT