Re: Default DB is remote

From: Stefan Scheck <scheck_at_asknet.de>
Date: 1997/05/15

Hi there,

You have to set the two Env-Variables ORACLE_HOME and TWO_TASK, where ORACLE_HOME is home on Server B and TWO_TASK is the SQLNet2-Connect String for the Database on Server A. I did it in Pro*C:

Expample:
#define OH "ORACLE_HOME=/app/oracle/product/7.3.2.2" #define OT "TWO_TASK=DB_ON_SERVER_A"
putenv(OH);
putenv(OT);
EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd; ..........
to be continued

Bye !
Stefan Scheck