Re: Internal error ora-00600

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/05/15

Look in your alert.log file. (Located in your udump directory), if you don't know where this is, look in your init.ora file or the V$parameter table in the database - it will tell you where the directory is located - It will specify a trace file or information concerning why you are encountering this error. ORA-600 is an internal error that oracle will use, sometimes as a bug, other times when it has not other error code to give. Oracle has a great document on this. Ask the help desk to send you the paper on troubleshooting ora-600 errors. I have the document at home, if you are interested in seeing it, email me and I will send it to you (via email). I won't be able to send it for about a week.

Sheilah Scheurich
scheuric_at_sprynet.com Received on Thu May 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT