Re: How do you determine free space in DB?

From: Mario Simic <masimic_at_jagor.srce.hr>
Date: 1997/05/15

Dalton M. de Andrade (dandrade_at_icao.org) wrote:
:
: I would like to know how to determine the following:
:
: 1. How much space (in bytes) is allocated in the datafile(s) for a
: database;
:
: 2. How much of the allocated space is used/free;
:
: 3. How much unallocated space there still is in the datafile(s).
:
: We're running Oracle 7.1.4 on a SCOUnix box.
:
: Any help will be appreciated.
:
: Pls e-mail me at dandrade_at_icao.org.

Connect as DBA user and execute query from views DBA_DATA_FILES and DBA_FREE_SPACE. For example, free space you can get by issuing :

SELECT TABLESPACE_NAME, SUM(BYTES) FROM DBA_FREE_SPACE GROUP BY TABLESPACE_NAME; I hope it helps.: Received on Thu May 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT