Re: OFA Structure issue (for gurus only)

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/05/14

The OFA is a standard, not written in stone. If you put the hostname in front of this, I think you will still be using the standard. If you as a DBA see using the OFA standard will jepordize the integrity of the database, then don't do it. If a loss of system were to occur and for some reason you were unable to recover you system, do you really think that you could justify the loss of the system by saying you followed the standard? I think that these standards are there to help us as DBAs not to hinder us.

-sheilah scheurich
DBA
scheuric_at_sprynet.com Received on Wed May 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT