Re: ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, ...

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/05/14

gast-fzi(hzg) wrote:

> I'm doing Performance measurements with OPS 7.3.2 on an Unix MPP
> machine with (actually) 12 CPU-nodes and 12 Oracle instances. All
> was working fine but now on one of the 12 nodes I get the following
> (unix-specific) error message:
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> Connected to an idle instance.
> SVRMGR> startup parallel

> ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set.
> SVR4 Error: 28: No space left on device
> Additional information: 1

  Not sure of the OS but you need to increase the number of semaphore sets on the system. This is the SEMMNS kernel parameter. You might also be able to start the db if you lower the number of processes defined in the init<sid>.ora. The value of SEMMNS should be the total of all your instances processes on the system + 10%. Received on Wed May 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT