Re: Oracle in Cyrrilic

From: Alexey M. Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 1997/05/14

Sergey Yatskevitch (sergey_at_lanl.gov) wrote:
> Hi,
> We are having trouble in installing Cyrrilic version of Oracle 7.3.2.
> Does anybody have the experience in working with Cyrrilic version of
> Oracle?
> FYI: We are working with Oracle 7.3.2 on Windows NT 4.0
> Thanks.
> Sergey and Ron.

What do you mean "Cyrillic version of Oracle"? Instead SELECT you will wright VYBRAT' ;-) I have no problems with cyrillic - Oracle 7.3.2 on Digital Unix. Install codeset RU8PC855 for server and set NLS_LANG and LANGUAGE variables to RUSSIAN_CIS.CL8ISO8859P5 or AMERICAN_AMERICA.CL8ISO8859P5 for clients.

Alexey M. Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Wed May 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT