Re: Distributed database

From: Thor HW <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: 1997/05/13

You can do this 2 ways. Public database links that are defined to execute as some user or you can leave off the CONNECT TO ... IDENTIFIED BY bit and have the user get authenticated by the remote system.

We're in the process of using kerberos for authentication on all our databases. We have to have the user defined in each database, but it gives us a level of security and management that we need. Using kerberos means that the user is identified externally and therefore password synchronization between databases is not a problem.

Thor HW

D.L. McKinnon <mckinnon_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <33779570.5C2A_at_ix.netcom.com>...
> Xfukk01_at_vse.cz wrote:
> >
> > I need to connect two Oracle servers which contain different data (we
 want
> > to do joins between two tables but each one is on differnet server).
 Should