Re: UNIX or NT

From: Graham Miller <lgmiller_at_elmrd.u-net.com>
Date: 1997/05/11

hello,
  This is a major system. Limiting yourself to just unix and NT may not be the best way to go. The initial capital costs are not going to be that significant when compared with the long term maintenance costs. I suggest you do quite a bit of research before picking a system. imo.

graham

Naushi Hussain <hussain_at_alliedsignal.com> wrote...

| How many max processors can NT work on. To handle an ORACLE DB 100gb of database
| and 200 users
| I would need e.g. 4 to 8 processors of an HP server with free UNIX with it. It
| would cost me $45000. How would I compare using NT to accomplish the same.Would I
| need to more hardware to handle the same db size or same.
|
| Any suggestion will be appreciated.
|
| --
| Naushi Hussain Naushi.Hussain_at_alliedsignal.com

Graham Miller ...
Opinions expressed are mine, they are free, and worth exactly what they cost. Received on Sun May 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT