Oracle Replication

From: aaa <mlgraham_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/05/10

Recently I have been asked to set up replication between two NT boxes (I know, I prefer UNIX too). I am an experienced Oracle DBA but after a few hours of trying to get replication to work I had to keep reminding myself of this to keep my spirits up. I was hoping someone might have some personal insights as to how to get replication working for the first time.

The Primary goal for the systems was to offer some measure of load balancing and provide fault tolerance in the event of a single environment failure (7x24 operation).

Specifications:

My Approach:

I thought it would be a snap using Oracles replication manager but nothing seems to be replicating in the two environments after setting up my Master groups. I have repeatedly selected generate objects and resume replication with no effect. There aren't even any generated objects showing up in the generated objects folder (perhaps a clue).

I read Oracle's Distibuted Systems Volume II: Replicated Data book and BBS 2546 article and thought I was religiously following the directions but obviously not.

Any personal insights would be appreciated.

Mark
mlgraham_at_bellsouth.net      Received on Sat May 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT