SQLNet V1/V2 Coexistance

From: Steffen Krause <skrause_at_informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: 1997/05/09

A beginner's question:
I just installed Oracle WG Server for NT ver 7.3. It runs fine with TCP and SQLNet 2 on the client.
The problem is: We have several clients that access an Oracle (7.1?) on a DEC Unix box with the "T:ip-addr:dbname" syntax which also need to connect to the new NT DB.
I guess they are running SQLNet V1 because of "T:ip-addr:dbname" From these clients I cannot connect to the NT database, and from the new NT clients I cannot connect to the Alpha database. What can I do?
-Can I access a V1 listener friom a V2 client?
-Can I install a V1 listener on the NT machine?
How can I do all this.

BTW: How can I find out (as a user, not an administrator) which listeners run on the UNIX box?

Steffen Krause skrause_at_informatik.hu-berlin.de Dipl.-Inf, MCSE
But wherever we go we will always know
that the land we stand on is never our own Received on Fri May 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT