Re: SQL*Net V1 and SQL*Net V2

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com.--->
Date: 1997/05/09

richter_at_klst.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to get a connection between an Oracle
> client with SQL Net V1 and a server working with SQL Net V2?

No, SQL*Net 1.x and SQL*Net 2.x are completely incompatible. And it is unfortunate, for Oracle v7.3.x does not support SQL*Net 1.x in any way, shape or form.

Good luck.

Regards

//Karl

In order to stem spams, please remove '.---' from the end of my address if you want to reply directly. Thanks.
Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation         Madras, Oregon