Re: MTS Option not available on NT 3.51 ?

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_>
Date: 1997/05/09

Simon Quinn <squinn_at_netcomuk.co.uk> wrote in article <3372f099.25610505_at_news.netcomuk.co.uk>...
> >While trying to configure mts option for NT 3.51 with Oracle
> >7.3.2.2.0 I was getting this error
> >ORA-00120 dispatching mechanism not installed or enabled.
> >On contacting Oracle Support about this the reply was as below
> >Oracle 7 does not have mts option. Please ignore any documentation about
 this.

> That should read Oracle 7 ON NT does not have mts option.
>
> Don't you just love NT? ;-)
>
> Another comment is if you need to use MTS, I assume you've got over
> 100 users, why the hell are you running this sort of system on NT?

Further to this--It is my understanding that the NT version of Oracle does not need MTS anyway, since NT handles threads internally, and Oracle has been modifed to use NT's threads.

MTS was really a workaround for the fact that threading was added to Unix (standards) only relatively recently, and many vendors have their own incompatible versions of threading.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd