Re: any certified ORACLE DBAs?

From: Cleve <cleve_at_cbcsf.org>
Date: 1997/05/08

Oleg Dimerman <olegd_at_oeonline.com> wrote in article <3370B5C1.73A1_at_oeonline.com>...
> I am looking into ORACLE DBA certification - could you please
> share your experiences?
>
> how difficult is it?

I believe that in order to gain your Oracle DBA Masters Certification:

	(1) You need to have a lot of money (for classes)
	(2) You need to take 5+ classes totalling about 18 days
	(3) Then get yourself a DBA job.

That may be relatively difficult.

> industry recognition?

Yes, it is well recognized in the Oracle world

> how many people are certified?

Quite a number of Oracle developers and administrators are.

I'm not, because I haven't got the money to do it yet.

Cleve Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT