Re: pipes

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1997/05/08

Business Information Services wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I want to set up an error log. I have a table called log and a table
> called transaction. When a transaction comes in I do all this stuff that
> I won't bore you with, but basically it updates various other tables in
> the database.
>
> If any of it goes wrong I want to rollback the changes to the database
> but I do not want to roll back the entries that have been written to the
> log table.
>
> Currently what happens is that all changes to the database including the
> LOG table are rolled back.
>
> I have done some reading and have found a package called DBMS_PIPE which
> the writer says is useful for this situation. Unfortunately he doesn't
> say how.
>
> Does anyone know how or can help with other suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Rowan McCammon.
> --
> Business Information Services
> (For more information call Brad Deveson)
>
> Tel: (02) 9387-2509 (Australia)
> Fax: (02) 9369-3840 (Australia)
> mailto:email_at_bisinfo.com.au
> http://www.bisinfo.com.au

Try downloading "RevealNet PL/SQL Developer Knowlege Base" from http://www.revealnet.com

You will find a complete discussion of DBMS_PIPE - with insights, diagrams and examples.

Also check out the "PL/SQL Pipeline" - the only place on the web solely devoted to PL/SQL programming.

Best regards,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(202) 234-8557 Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT