Re: Oracle Solaris x86 vs. NT

From: Mubashir Cheema <cheema_at_Jupiter.SPARCO.Com>
Date: 1997/05/08

Our main server http://www.sparco.com/ is a dual Pentium PRO 200MHz with 256MB memory and 9GB of disk space. It is running Solaris X86 and Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.2.0. The system has been up for over a month. We only have to shut it down for hardware upgrades. This is a fairly busy system and has shown to take the heat very well.

>We have a low budget and need an Oracle box 7x24. The cheapest solution
>for now would be an Intel box, which means NT or Solaris x86.

We use NT on some client machines only. I personally have been a big fan of NT in the past, now I try to avoid it for any mission critical applications.

Mubashir Cheema
cheema_at_sparco.com Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT