Re: When not to use a DB? (Was: Re: What DB to use for lots of IMAGE files?)

From: Leopoldo F. Araujo <Leopoldo.Araujo_at_cdc.com>
Date: 1997/05/08

Chao:

I think you got the bottom line at this:

> I believe a hidden issue here is whether you can maintain data/image
> integrity between database and operating system files. If you believe
> you can accomplish data/image integrity by using database and files at
> the same time, please enlighten me.
>
> Chao Din

I have been working with governmente agencies at MEXICO and have integrated solutions in large scale -1.5 Millon to 180 Million images- in the past 5 years; right now I am in the middle of a +/- 2.5Million doc's project. You are right the only chance to integrate a secure solution of this kind is with DB support. If you need more info drop a line, i miss the previous post.

Polo
<laraujo_at_mty1.uninet.net.mx> Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT