WGS on NT - DBA Password Problem

From: <jcrowley_at_xmax.com>
Date: 1997/05/06

Re: DBA Password problem

    Work Group Server 7.3 on Windows NT

Hi,

During the installation I was asked for the name and password (twice) of the DBA that was to be set up for the system. I entered tom and ab12.

I noticed that this was entered as the default user name and password into the Oracle Administrators Toolbar Login Setup.

The problem is that when I start the any of the tools  (Object/Data/Secutity Manager) I get
"Username or Password incorrect. Please reenter."

I can see that the default user is being used and I presume that the default password is also being used. Any way I get that error mesage even if I type in the user and password manually.

The first time this happened I thought that I had mis-typed the password (trice) during setup, but now after the third setup I realize that something must be wrong. No matter what user name and password I give when trying to start any of the Managers I get the error saying that the password was incorrect.

I have rebooted the system after each install and verified that the Database had been started.

I have tried using SQL*Plus but I get the same results there.

Is this a known bug? The CD Product ID is #C11459-2

thanks
john Received on Tue May 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT